Home Events Calendar Race Reports Photos Forum Links Contact Us
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Bike Computer
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Bike Computer
Bike Computer 5 Years, 2 Months ago  
In the market for a new bike computer and need to know what people like.<br /><br />Doubt seriously I will be spending hours analyzing the data so I probably don&#039;t need the super high-end functionality.&nbsp; I currently have a cateye which has never worked well for me.....literally as the moment it gets wet it stops working entirely.<br /><br />What I really want is something that is easy to use and reliable in all weather conditions....everything else is open for discussion.<br /><br /><br /><br />
greyguy
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Bike Computer 5 Years, 2 Months ago  
Wow - I have a cateye astrale 7 (I think, maybe 6???) wireless with cadence and it is the best bike computer I&#039;ve ever had. It very rarely drops, and if something does, it&#039;s the cadence sensor getting moved. It has close to 12K miles on it and the only service I&#039;ve done to it is change the battery.<br /><br />If you&#039;re displeased with Cateye, I&#039;m not sure I can be much help. I need another for another bike and will likely get a new cateye for what that&#039;s worth.<br /><br />K
Spunkie
Platinum Boarder
graph
&quot;It&#39;s never crowded along the extra mile.&quot;

Now you&#039;re making me wonder if its as simple as maybe having a bad sensor.&nbsp; The issue seems to be the rain....otherwise it works. ???
greyguy
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Is it wired or wireless? If it&#039;s wired, maybe there is a connection problem, particularly if it only happens when it&#039;s wet.
Spunkie
Platinum Boarder
graph
&quot;It&#39;s never crowded along the extra mile.&quot;

I have a Cateye Astrile also and it has been bombproof.&nbsp; I think it has to about 5-6 years old.&nbsp; I also have a Shimano Flight Deck which has been outstanding.&nbsp; I bought it in 2001 and it is just starting to give me some problems.&nbsp; Finally, I have a wireless powertap which I am really enjoying.&nbsp; The powertap allows you to dial into a specific wattage,cadence and speed when doing intervals, powerintervals, SteadyState intervals etc.&nbsp; Great tool if you can afford it.&nbsp; I bought mine used on EBAY.
sevenride
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Roar Lion Roar

It really depends what you want. I love cateye. I am currently riding the V2C on my tri bike, Astrale 8 on my road bike and Trek 8i on my cx bike. <br /><br />Given that every comp does speed, distance, and ave/max speed what else do you want? Cadence, stopwatch, countdown timer, heart rate, thermometer,&nbsp; ect. Let me know and ill let you know which computer to get.
pequa tri
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
&quot;res severa verum gaudia&quot;

Re: Bike Computer 4 Years, 3 Months ago  
For the price, hand&#039;s down the Cateye V2!
SBRshop.com
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1