Home Events Calendar Race Reports Photos Forum Links Contact Us
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Road Bike =Comfort, Tri Bike Not so much
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Road Bike =Comfort, Tri Bike Not so much
Road Bike =Comfort, Tri Bike Not so much 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Yesterday I went out for a 50 mile ride on my raod bike followed by a three mile run.  I felt real good on the bike and fairly refreshed for the run.  Today, I took my new Specialized S-Works Transition out for its first ride outside.  I have been riding it on the computrainer for the past month.  I was professionally fit by Mike at Babylon Bike shop(By the way, I was very happy with his fit job and would recommend him).  On the trainer I felt pretty good with my position.  However, when I got out there today on the road I felt cramped up and a bit low.  By the end of the ride I was feeling a bit better so I am hoping that many more miles in the tri saddle will produce the same comfort level I have on my road bike.  I am definitely in a much more aggressive position on the tri bike and was as fast or faster.  Before I change anything, I am going to log some 75 plus mile rides.  AmZof LC, Harryman Half and Placid are all looming large!
sevenride
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Roar Lion Roar
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Road Bike =Comfort, Tri Bike Not so much 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Hey 7 - Nice job on the half That course does bite - there are so many better places to stage a boring out-and-back that would be much nicer!<br /><br />Try it out a few more times, then give mike a call. He&#039;ll want to know if something isn&#039;t right out there on the road. IMO - the tri bike is always less comfy than the roadie.<br /><br />Good luck with all of those long rides. I, sadly, just had to relegate the road bike to the basement and out of the living room...I&#039;m just not riding enough to justify the space. Perhaps after Boston...
Spunkie
Platinum Boarder
graph
&quot;It&#39;s never crowded along the extra mile.&quot;

Re: Road Bike =Comfort, Tri Bike Not so much 4 Years, 4 Months ago  
Good luck at Boston.&nbsp; Heartbreak Hill and the other two ate me for lunch.
sevenride
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Roar Lion Roar

Go to topPage: 1